Monday, January 4, 2010

The Journey begins... down memory lane

Going back and looking at my life recently I have discovered new things that I never realized before in my life.

Living at home is defiantly not where I can see myself, no offense but its not me. I have changed so much for the better and am such a happier person when I am not at my parents home. Logan has became my home for the last 3.5 years and I am really sad to be leaving it behind. It has been apart of my life and helped shape me into the person I am today. I have met some of the most amazing people that I am truly sad to be leaving behind. They have been such a strength to me in my times of trials and bumps along life's path.

My roommates truly became my family, I could rely on them for anything. Although I did develop motherly attributes while living with most of them, I can not say that it is a bad thing. I will be especially prepared in those areas when I actually become a mother.

I have discovered that I am a better person and am living happier now that I have finally got my life on the right path and started attending the temple, just baptisms for not, but eventually I'll make it all the way. The gospel is such an amazing part of my life and is a major part of my happiness. Feeling the spirit throughout my day to day life and in my home has really helped me through my struggles. I know that when I am struggling I just need to ask in faith and Heavenly Father will be there by my side helping me with each step I take.

I am about to face a new journey in my life, something that everyone around me is questioning if I am capable of handling. Which does not help with self esteem, having people doubting every decision you make is not a comforting feeling just because they choose a different path to travel. I will be moving to Delta next week and will be starting my student teaching, I feel adequate for the most part until I moved home and have been questioned about whether or not I can handle it and if I even know anything to teach the students.

How is a person supposed to feel when they get questioned about their entire college career. Just because it is not a chosen career path that family members would have picked or because teachers aren't rich. Should your career only focus on what amount of money you can bring in, or should it be something you love and enjoy doing. I never understood the people who hated their job, but loved the money so much they would never quit and find something they could actually enjoy.

So my journey in life it about to begin... Lets see where it takes me

3 comments:

  1. Megan I always thought having a job making lots of money was very important. Until I became sick and I wasn't sure if I would make it or not and I turned my life around. Today I am making 1/3 of what I use to make. But I am so much happier. School kids will bring you much joy. Sometimes headaches but they love you no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg- I am so proud of you in all that you have done! And doing whatever makes you happy is the number one thing! I know you are a strong girl and you can take on whatever comes your way! Always know that I am here if you need a war to chat at or a shoulder to lean on! Good Luck I know you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan - You will be an AMAZING teacher as you are constantly thinking on what to do better and how to get kids motivated with hands on applications. I wish I could observe you and some other of the teachers this semester to see what you are all doing. Ditto to what Wall54 said about being happy. You may not make millions but you are molding young people for their future. I can't think of a better and more worthwhile career.

    ReplyDelete